Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan Double Miles Promotions
Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan is a popular frequent flyer program in North America, especially along the west coast. They run various miles purchase promotions in a given year, with the most recent one ended just weeks ago. But now members have the chance to earn status faster by taking advantage of the various Mileage Plan Double Miles promotions.
Mileage Plan Double Miles
Largely thanks to the range of Alaska’s various partners, Mileage Plan is so valuable because you are able to earn miles on and redeem flights on airlines worldwide. Alaska Airlines has recently announced a series of double miles earning promotions across and outside the United States.
By registering here you can earn Mileage Plan double miles when you fly between Hong Kong and Seattle on Cathay Pacific. All itineraries between March 31st and May 31st, 2019 are eligible so long as you credit the miles to your Mileage Plan account.
However, only some booking classes in economy, premium economy or business are eligible. Make sure that your itineraries fall under fare class J, C, D, I, W, E, R, Y, B, H, K, L, M, or V. Miles should post anytime between four to six weeks afterward.
For reference, here are partner base earning rates for Cathay Pacific:
You earn Mileage Plan double miles when flying between Tokyo-Narita and Seattle on Japan Airlines. Any flight from March 31st to May 31st, 2019 is eligible when credited to Alaska Mileage Plan. Note that you must register at this link for the promotion.
Only business and economy classes are available on this flight, so only those classes earn miles. Itineraries with fare class J, C, D, X, I, Y, B, H, K, M, L, V, S, N, Q, or O are all eligible to earn double, and should post anytime after four to six weeks.
Partner base earning rates for Japan Airlines are as follows:
The Mileage Plan double miles rules are a bit different for Qantas. First, you must register for the promotion here. You get a bit of flexibility with Qantas; any flight taken between May 1st and December 6th, 2019 for select city pairs below is eligible:
- Los Angeles (LAX) and Brisbane (BNE), Melbourne (MEL) or Sydney (SYD)
- San Francisco (SFO) and Melbourne (MEL) or Sydney (SYD)
- New York (JFK) and Brisbane (BNE), Melbourne (MEL) or Sydney (SYD)
- Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) and Sydney (SYD)
All paid fare classes qualify, so it doesn’t matter which cabin you fly in. So if you fly in First, you can receive 100%x2 + 50% + 200% = 450% total miles, based on the Qantas partner earning rates.
Last, but not least, there are also a few promotions going on for Alaska Airlines.
First, there’s a Coast2Coast double miles promotion running from April 1st to December 31st, 2019. Double miles for any of the following routes will be awarded four to six weeks after completion of eligible travel:
West Coast departures between:
- San Diego (SAN) and Baltimore (BWI), Boston (BOS), Newark (EWR), or Orlando (MCO)
- Los Angeles (LAX) and Baltimore (BWI), Boston (BOS), Fort Lauderdale (FLL), New York (JFK), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington-Dulles (IAD), or Washington-Reagan (DCA)
- San Francisco (SFO) and Baltimore (BWI), Boston (BOS), Fort Lauderdale (FLL), New York (JFK), Newark (EWR), Orlando (MCO), Philadelphia (PHL), Raleigh (RDU), Washington-Dulles (IAD), or Washington-Reagan (DCA)
- San Jose (SJC) and New York (JFK) or Newark (EWR)
East Coast departures between:
- New York (JFK) and Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO), or San Jose (SJC)
- Newark (EWR) and Los Angeles (LAX), San Diego (SAN), San Francisco (SFO), or San Jose (SJC)
- Baltimore (BWI) and Los Angeles (LAX), San Diego (SAN), or San Francisco (SFO)
- Boston (BOS) and Los Angeles (LAX), San Diego (SAN), or San Francisco (SFO)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL) and Los Angeles (LAX) or San Francisco (SFO)
- Orlando (MCO) and San Diego (SAN) or San Francisco (SFO)
- Philadelphia (PHL) and Los Angeles (LAX) or San Francisco (SFO)
- Raleigh (RDU) and San Francisco (SFO)
- Washington-Dulles (IAD) and Los Angeles (LAX) or San Francisco (SFO)
- Washington-Reagan (DCA) and Los Angeles (LAX) or San Francisco (SFO)
You should know the drill by now; register at this promo link in order to be qualified.
Alaska Airlines just recently launched flights from its newest destination: Paine Field. It is located in Everett, just north of Seattle, Washington. Yes, it’s that Everett, home to Boeing Everett Factory which is the primary assembly location for their wide-bodied aircraft. It is also the world’s largest passenger airplane factory.
By going here and registering for the promotion, you are able to earn double miles anytime from March 4 to April 30. Note that this only applies to one-way flights departing Everett-Paine Field to the following destinations:
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Orange County (SNA)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Portland (PDX)
- San Diego (SAN)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- San Jose (SJC)
Now’s quite an exciting and amazing springtime for the Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan. With multiple double miles promotions going on for their own and their select partners’ flights, frequent flyer members can get twice the points.
Don’t worry if you’ve booked flights before managing to register; flights within the specified dates will still qualify. And as most of these promotions are ending in a few weeks, now is the time to be jumping on those links and registering your accounts. So go get those Mileage Plan double miles!